We are committed to respecting our clients’ privacy. This includes clients we serve on an individual basis, those covered under a group arrangement through their employer or any potential clients. When clients choose Granville West Group. as a product or service provider, we treat all information with care and respect.
Our Key Principles:
In order to offer the products and services our clients expect, we need to collect, use and store their personal information. As well, we sometimes need to disclose this information to other parties who help us in providing products and services or complement those we provide.
1) We collect information necessary to establish and service client accounts. This includes personal information such as social insurance numbers, which are required for tax reporting. It may include marital status information as required under some legislation or to ensure clients are eligible to participate in a program or take advantage of a service.
2) We obtain the client’s consent before collecting, using or disclosing personal information. Permission may be implied or explicit. Permission may be made verbally, in writing or electronically and can be provided through an authorized representative. Permission can be withdrawn at any time.
3) We keep information for only as long as we need it to service accounts or meet regulatory requirements
4) Access to information is restricted to individuals who need the information to do their jobs.
5) Clients have the right to request an update or correction to their information. As we move forward with our privacy initiatives we must seek to balance the needs of the individual client and the group member’s privacy protection with the demands and needs of our businesses.